Do you draIn the oil packed tuna before proceeding or do you use "as is"

255b1aba df4f 45d1 a346 4d83548a9298  2018 0803 pan bagnat 3x2 julia gartland 176

I have a question about the recipe "Pan Bagnat: Le French Tuna Salad Sandwich" from Waverly.

asked by Lorenza over 6 years ago

I've making my own pan bagnats for many years. Usually I just drizzle the oil from the can right on to the bread. It's supposed to be "wet"---that's the bagnat part. Be sure to use the best quality olive oil packed tuna you can find. Preferrably from Spain. The supermarket "Genova" brand, if you read the fine print, is made by Chicken of the Sea. And that tuna could be coming from anywhere, in all probability Asia.

Lorenza

Grazie pierino!

Jan P.

I prefer a dry fresh bread