🔕 🔔

Do you draIn the oil packed tuna before proceeding or do you use "as is"

F67d1876 73fb 489b 9f6b 2956d45dddaf  100510f 294

I have a question about the recipe "Pan Bagnat: Le French Tuna Salad Sandwich" from Waverly.

asked by Lorenza over 5 years ago

I've making my own pan bagnats for many years. Usually I just drizzle the oil from the can right on to the bread. It's supposed to be "wet"---that's the bagnat part. Be sure to use the best quality olive oil packed tuna you can find. Preferrably from Spain. The supermarket "Genova" brand, if you read the fine print, is made by Chicken of the Sea. And that tuna could be coming from anywhere, in all probability Asia.

Grazie pierino!

I prefer a dry fresh bread