🔕 🔔

I want to make a panini with mushrooms and truffle oil. What is the best way to ensure the mushrooms will have the most flavor from the oil?

Should I sautee them in the oil before "panining" the sandwich? Should I just marinate the mushrooms in oil raw? Should I put the oil on the bread right before? Should I just panini the mushrooms and add the oil at the end?

asked by svb about 2 months ago

added about 2 months ago

Definitely saute the mushrooms first in either butter or olive oil. Use the truffle oil only sparingly as its flavor is rather intense. Do note that 99% of the "truffle oil" you will find is synthetic and seldom contains any actual truffle. If it does have a tiny bit of truffle visible it's probably an "estivo" or summer truffle which has practically no flavor.