🔕 🔔

Do You Suggest Wines????

Favorite new company menu is Melissa Clark's Duck Confit followed by Lazy Mary's Lemon Tart. Can you recommend wine/after dinner drink to go with Lemon Tart?

asked by mvangraaf over 5 years ago

A lot depends upon the intensity and sweetness of the lemon tart recipe. I usually serve coffee with mine, and limoncello afterwards. Lemon is a tricky flavor with sweet wines because of its tartness.

You could try matching the acidic sweetness with an Auslese Riesling, but it might be specific to one Riesling, and not the group in general. This would involve "testing."

A9f88177 5a41 4b63 8669 9e72eb277c1a  waffle3

I wouldn't change a word of Chef June's response except to add Spätlese into the list of possibilities.

I am a big fan of the German system. It's easy to understand and you can be relatively certain the label will accurately describe the wine.

I just realized that might not be clear to anyone not acquainted with German wine. I should have written "Spätlese Riesling".

97043910 0361 479c bed1 89ab1eecb0e6  claire

I would go with Riesling or a lemongrass tea.

Thank you everyone! I think I like the strong, black coffee approach best. When I make Lazy Mary's Lemon Tart, I toss an extra lemon in.....it's pretty lemony!