Has anyone made candied lemon peel w/pre-zested rinds?

We just made a batch of basil lemonade with our Hurom juicer and zested rinds be4 we peeled lemons for the juicer. Can we make candied peel even though there's no zest on peels?

asked by atlacm1 over 6 years ago

I vote no. The zest is where all the lovely flavor is. You'll spend a lot of time and effort and end up with a disappointing product.

What did you do with the zest, and how did you remove it ? Even if you did not put it in the lemonade, you probably should not try to make candied peels, because you really need a lbit of the peel for that. I would use it for citrus salt or a scented sugar! ;o)