What's the best way to make candied orange peel? I've done it several different ways, but would appreciate knowing what method you prefer.

And can the same method be used with lemon peels? (I'm making panettone soon.)

Thanks so much, everyone. ;o)

Dona

This is the method I use, with great success.
http://userealbutter.com...

littleman

I do it the simple way: Very thinly slice the peel after you've carefully removed it with a peeler; depending on how much you're making, fill a mixing bowl halfway with sugar and add the peels of whatever citrus you need; toss them to coat well with sugar; spread them out on a sheet pan with parchment. Let them sit for an hour. Before adding to your dough, drop them into a sieve and shake it to sift off the excess sugar.