🔕 🔔

I've been baking a coffee cake for an hour and a half and it's still raw in the middle .. What should Ido ?

asked by Christena almost 5 years ago

If you have an oven thermometer, I would check to make sure your oven temp is correct. If it isn't, adjust it accordingly. Assuming you have used the right size pan (not one that is too deep, which woul require a longer cooking time), I would raise the temperature a bit and keep an eye on it. There's not much you can do at this point. What kind of cake is this? What size pan? And what temp are you baking at?

I agree with everything ATG has said. In addition, if while your continuing with the baking the top begins to overbrown or burn, cover it with a sheet of aluminum foil to prevent that from happening further.