🔕 🔔

Can anyone suggest good recipes for left over roast pork? I bought a huge joint and have used some of it in salads but I fancy something hot for the rest of it.

asked by French foodie almost 7 years ago

How about a nice hash with grated potatoes, maybe some eggs, and the seasonings of your fancy (worcestershire sauce, pimenton, lots of black pepper, gochujang, heck some people even like catchup). Fry it up and clog your arteries!

22b9ddc9 fc61 48a3 949e dee341974288  liz and dad

I'd make pork fried rice, fo sho!

Tacos with chopped onions, lettuce, tomato, cilantro (coriander leaf) and crema Mexicana.

C405edfb eff8 43c8 8d2a 9c901ad00568  ozoz bw january2014

Pan-fried (gently warmed) pork with apple sauce.

Make a whole wheat pasta dish. Lots of herbs, white wine, deglaze the roasting pan if it still has the drippings, if not use some chicken stock.

Ad0d3623 a28a 4793 82a8 5f1ab0a2f633  dsc00426

i cut it into matchsticks along with similarly cut carrots,cucumber, and bean sprouts, toss with thin rice or mung bean noodles, and season with soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, cilantro, and green onions. serve it warm or not warm, maybe wrapped in a lettuce leaf, maybe not.

all the above sound lovely - I'm salivating and its hard to pick one of them :-) I think the deciding factor is ingredients - our little local supermarkets only stock seasonal food and its almost impossible to find 'foreign' food ie bean sprouts and gochujang . Even coriander is hard to find here!

C1925f5b 917a 4e62 8c98 8ff7031b0b36  food54 profile pic

Cubano sandwiches: pork, thin slices of ham, Swiss cheese or gruyere, good Dijon mustard, thin slices of pickle on crusty white bread; grill in panini press ( I don't have one, so I grill in a skillet and use my tea kettle to smoosh it flat.) Carmelized onions are a good addition, though not traditional Cubano.