🔕 🔔

STUFFING A PORK ROAST

I want, eventually, to stuff a boneless pork roast , and the hungarian recipe i may make (p.107, Carry-out Cuisine) directs me : "Using a skewer, stuff the roast with the hot smoked sausage(same length as the roast)" What the heck does this mean? I thought i would take a slicing or boning knife, insert it through the middle, lengthwise, of the roast, wiggle it around to make a cavity, and insert the sausage(I thought i'd use andouille.) What's your method?
p.s. I'd love any links to fav Stuffed Pork recipes of yours! Thx much for your help.

asked by LE BEC FIN about 2 years ago

05ecb292 9c62 4e50 b630 a898cae237ad  laura avatar s size

Le Bec Fin, I have a stuffed pork recipe made with 2 pork filet tied up together, but someone once comment that this recipe is "too simple".
I made a "How to stuff pork filet" video on YouTube, but it might not be what you are looking for:
https://youtu.be/GcHrw9Vdu5A...
This is filet, you are looking for pork loin I believe?
For pork loin I use the knife as you describe.

5f8d7fee 22ef 49ba a6b4 360299864c3e  n3ru8figt0zk0

Si, essatamente. Anch 'io faccio lo stesso. Preferisco usare "pork shoulder" anche si chiamata "Boston butt".

Pierino, grazie per l'informazione.
I live in France but very close to the Italian frontier and there are Italian, English and American shopping in France as well as French, English and Americans shopping in Italy.
I am making it my business to create charts with names of cuts of meat in English, Italian and French for people to download and bring to the butcher.
Apprezzo molto qualsiasi suggerimento tu abbia, ti ho mandato una email ma non so se l'hai ricevuta.

1097a5b5 1775 4eec a8ea 7421137b65dc  image 2 apples claire sullivan 2

I'd just make a cavity with a knife, as you describe - andouille is firm, so should be easy to work through it. I've also stuffed pork loin (with dried fruit, herbs, etc.) by making a sort of "c" shape cut lengthwise to "uncoil" it into one thinner piece, then stuffed, rolled and tied.

You open up the roast, spread it out, make a few diagonal slashes and add your filing. After that using kitchen twine you it back up like a salami. Merrill uses the same method I do and there is a video here it Food52 that you can use. It's probably on YouTube too.

As you asked, here's my own recipe.https://food52.com/recipes...

I do the boning knife thing and when I've made the slit, I stick my sharpening steel into the incision to make the hole big enough for the stuffing.

21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

ah yes, a chef after my own heart!