A question about a recipe: Wild Maine Blueberry Jam. Would you change the recipe if using frozen wild blueberries?

4a8c145e cc0d 11e5 b958 3c15c2d2bb38  42 full

I have a question about the recipe "Wild Maine Blueberry Jam" from merrill.
Often there are sales on frozen wild blueberries and when living in a big city frozen is more economical.

asked by DonnaMae over 6 years ago

Nozlee Samadzadeh

That's right, DonnaMae! You could use them in the recipe mostly defrosted, so they wouldn't give off too much liquid while boiling.

RobertaJ

Frozen fruit and veggies are absolutely a wonderful alternative to field-fresh. They are picked at the peak of ripeness/freshness and then flash frozen within hours. If you don't have access to fresh, or its off-season, frozen is the way to go. Just be sure to look at the ingredient list, and make sure only the fruit/veg is listed; no additives like sugars or salts.