A question about a recipe: Faulknerian Family Spice Cake, with Caramel Icing

12160fb2 9571 4644 9348 540f0622ccd1  042710 0356

I have a question about step 2 on the recipe "Faulknerian Family Spice Cake, with Caramel Icing" from ENunn. It says:

To use a tube pan... would a bundt pan work? I'm not sure of the size difference, but I have that on hand, and I love the shape!

asked by meet your baker about 6 years ago

PhillipBrandon

Looks like a bundt pan would be fine for this cake. Just be sure you only fill 2/3 to 3/4 full when you are changing pan sizes so you don't have an overflow.

You'll also want to watch your baking time. Bundt pans tend to be ticker and heavier than tubes, which can change how fast the cake cooks (since there's so much more material other than cake to absorb the heat).

Katie

When I made this (twice, now), I used a bundt pan and had no trouble at all. It took the same amount of time as stated in the recipe and turned out great.