🔕 🔔

Fried Basil?

I have seen the use of fried sage leaves in recipes (usually as a garnish) but wondered if it might be possible to do the same technique with basil leaves. I assumed their texture might not lend itself to frying like the sage leaf does but I thought I'd ask!

asked by Katie over 5 years ago

966650c7 33f3 4172 8039 6e11db4a5bda  image

Thank you so very much!

The blanching is an excellent technique to use when making pesto or pistou. Keeps them nice and green.

I have specifically seen fried Thai basil served on top of spicy Thai dishes... Chili fish I think. Nice and crisp and eaten by the forkful!

Be careful when frying it cuz it will splatter quite a bit!

Cd4936f2 2555 42a6 bab6 b78ae625f4ec  img 3538

Yes, a restaurant here does it and they also fry lemon slices, also delicious. Tyler Florence has a recipe for it.