Fried Basil?

I have seen the use of fried sage leaves in recipes (usually as a garnish) but wondered if it might be possible to do the same technique with basil leaves. I assumed their texture might not lend itself to frying like the sage leaf does but I thought I'd ask!

asked by Katie about 6 years ago

Katie

Thank you so very much!

jmburns

The blanching is an excellent technique to use when making pesto or pistou. Keeps them nice and green.

Megan,Tremer

I have specifically seen fried Thai basil served on top of spicy Thai dishes... Chili fish I think. Nice and crisp and eaten by the forkful!

lipoprotein

Be careful when frying it cuz it will splatter quite a bit!

Summer of Eggplant

Yes, a restaurant here does it and they also fry lemon slices, also delicious. Tyler Florence has a recipe for it.