Where can I find fresh curry leaves?

asked by scasa07 about 6 years ago

EmilyNunn

Where do you live? If you are in a big city, Indian grocer, of course. There are great ones in Chicago. Amazing produce.

Panfusine

Any Indian grocery will stock them.. They dry very well and the dried version can be used as a substitute for the fresh leaves

scasa07

I live in Brooklyn. Does anyone know of a good Indian grocer?

Quinciferous

Kalustyan's in Manhattan -- it has everything under the sun! I miss it a lot.

http://kalustyans.com/default...

According to their website, they offer both fresh and dried curry leaves. Definitely go for fresh if possible -- as others have mentioned, they freeze well.

You can grow your own. You can find a curry plant in plant shops that have a good herb collection. All you need is a pot, dirt, and sunny window slil.

Panfusine

Oh no.. Curry plants are notoriously slow to sprout..they're actually trees rather than annuals although I have a 2nd generation budding up from seed, they need a LOT of care..

healthierkitchen

they actually carry them in my local organic market. Maybe one in Brookly does as well?