🔕 🔔

Q: How do you make a good, hand made leek and potato soup. This would be highly appreciated. Thank-you

asked by @Hoy_12 almost 6 years ago

Can't wait to see a reply with a great recipe. I have the leeks and the potatoes I am ready to try.

13396e3c bb40 4b40 9900 579f74cbabff  si

I just wing it. I take a some leek and chop it up, making sure to clean it really well b/c grit gets in the leaves, then I gently fry it in some butter or vegetable oil until the leek is nice and soft, about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, peel and cube some potatoes 3 or 4 small to medium size ones. Add that to the leeks and fry them just a little, few minutes or so. Add some chicken or vegetable broth 3 or 4 cups and bring it all to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are really soft, about 30 or 40 minutes. Turn the heat off zap the lot with an immersion blender. Pour in some heavy cream, half-cup or so, maybe add a half-cup buttermilk if I have it. Season to taste with some kosher salt and white pepper. Ladle it up and chop some fresh chives or whatever strikes my fancy from the herb garden.