🔕 🔔

Wild asparagus ideas?

Bd24141f 792b 4dd2 9182 f0644ff11f56  photo 20

I am back from the market where I live in eastern France with a few handfuls of new wild asparagus. Any suggestions/ideas?

asked by BBP over 5 years ago

Wholefoods user icon

I love a simple blanching with a light lemony vinaigrette and some finely chopped egg on top.
Beautiful first course.

Here is a bounty of wonderful ideas: http://www.food52.com/recipe...

OK, I am jealous! I would say simple is best, because you want to taste as much of the wild as possible. Are ramps--or the local version of wild garlic--still available in your region? I am not sure what they are called in France--something on the order of ai sauvage perhaps? If you are in Alsace, perhaps you know Bärlauch--that is what I have in mind. Anyhow, saute the wild asparagus in fresh, local butter. Add ramps, and then eggs--also fresh and local-- beaten with a bit of alt and pepper and perhaps a sponful of cream. Let me know what time dinner will be served.