🔕 🔔

What to do with glut of parsley & lemon balm?

Looking for ideas to use up excess herbs from our vegetable garden. Thought about making a large batch of chimichurri sauce. Has anyone had success freezing it? Also, any suggestions for the lemon balm beyond adding to salad or using in drinks? Thanks!

asked by Fifer over 5 years ago

Make pesto, which freezes beautifully.

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

I know this is a drink, but lemon balm makes an absolutely delicious liqueur.

I'm open to more drink suggestions too - especially if they involve booze. ;-)

Tabbouleh comes to mind. And in addition to the parsley, I don't see why you couldn't work some lemon balm in as well.

I've made lemon balm sorbet , quite tasty

120fa86a 7a24 4cc0 8ee1 a8d1ab14c725  me in munich with fish

Definitely make a big batch of chimichurri and freeze it--in ice cube trays if you can. It freezes very well. You can also make a salad of straight up parsley--make sure to chop it finely enough so it doesn't stick in your craw. Dress with a bright, lemony dressing and anchovies. Delish.