🔕 🔔

Safe to use pancake batter in a pizzelle iron?

My mother went out and bought a pizzelle maker (long story). I've always been a sourdough baker, so the thought of combining these two intrigues me somewhat. I'm thinking of trying my sourdough pancakes in the iron, but I read on another site that it would "fudge up the pizzelle press". I'm wiling to test it as long as it isn't going to damage a $50 piece of equipment, so has anyone tried this?

asked by aquamarine84 about 5 years ago
A9f88177 5a41 4b63 8669 9e72eb277c1a  waffle3

Does the press have a non-stick coating? If so, I don't see how you could go wrong. Brush on a tiny bit of oil (*not* spray oil) and give it a try.

74f21a80 662f 43e9 939d 31b1be96c646  fb avatar

I just tried "Belgian Waffle Mix" in my iron to get the stuff out of the cupboard, and it was a really bad idea. The amount of leavening was way too much, the batter foamed up all over the sides of the iron, and it gave me a chewy disk, (think really thick crepe), instead of a cookie. I'm not a novice Pizzelle cook, I've made them for weddings and bridal showers, and for gifts at Christmas. From scratch is best.