🔕 🔔

Can you freeze risotto and heat it up at a later date to eat?

asked by @david_queen almost 7 years ago

22b9ddc9 fc61 48a3 949e dee341974288  liz and dad

I think so. I would defrost, then heat gently in a pot and add some broth to loosen. Stir in a touch of cream before serving.

Don't even think about freezing it. Rice does not freeze well. However, risotto cakes fried in oil, from your day old risotto can be pretty damn good. Two days in the fridge might be okay but I wouldn't go too far beyond that.

I don't know, pierino. I think frozen rice is no worse a substitute for real food than twitter is for real communication. Standards. It's all a matter of standards...

2b00435b fe24 44bb afe2 ad3364f28f79  1390710 10151917400148928 1193325941 n 1

Here's what you need to do, parcook the risotto, so that it is only half cooked, then portion it into what vessel/size you want. Freeze. When you're hungry, allow to unfreeze in the fridge and finish it on the stove as you would have to begin with, by adding hot stock in small quantities.