Modernist Cuisine at Home edition.

Looks like it's a one volume version of the original set. But slightly more affordable and should be out in Oct this year.
http://www.amazon.com/Modernist...
http://blog.khymos.org...

asked about 6 years ago

Thanks, Sam! A group of us purchased the original set together and I can never find what I want when I need it. This will be perfect.

Cool, cool, cool! Thanks for the share.

The slightly more affordable version is still $140. Maybe I can ask for it for Xmas/birthday/anniversary...

I'll bet the price will flux as it comes closer to release time. Still a bit out of my range for the present time, but something to watch for price changes.

PhillipBrandon

I'll be interested to see how this compares to the multi-volume set. Which will it pare down more: in-depth scientific and historical discussion of processes, or the detailed step-by-step instructions impractical to the home cook? I'm not sure which is more appropriate for a 'home' edition.
I'm glad to see the photographs are well-represented in those sample pages. They really set the book into a class of its own, even apart from its modernist distinction.