🔕 🔔

Modernist Cuisine at Home edition.

Looks like it's a one volume version of the original set. But slightly more affordable and should be out in Oct this year.
http://www.amazon.com/Modernist...
http://blog.khymos.org...

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

Thanks, Sam! A group of us purchased the original set together and I can never find what I want when I need it. This will be perfect.

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

Cool, cool, cool! Thanks for the share.

The slightly more affordable version is still $140. Maybe I can ask for it for Xmas/birthday/anniversary...

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

I'll bet the price will flux as it comes closer to release time. Still a bit out of my range for the present time, but something to watch for price changes.

Ee6e1f61 c2e2 48b1 b500 bb90cc2c5b83  itsme

I'll be interested to see how this compares to the multi-volume set. Which will it pare down more: in-depth scientific and historical discussion of processes, or the detailed step-by-step instructions impractical to the home cook? I'm not sure which is more appropriate for a 'home' edition.
I'm glad to see the photographs are well-represented in those sample pages. They really set the book into a class of its own, even apart from its modernist distinction.