🔕 🔔

i need a really good recipe(s) for gluten-free, dairy-free bread.....my girlfriend is french and used to exceptional breads...unfortunately she can no longer tolerate gluten or dairy products, yet still wants to start out each day with tasty toast....we've purchased some frozen breads and found a couple that are ok...however, the good ones are ridiculously expensive....maybe somebody out there can lead me in the right direction to make my sweety happy in the mornings...please and thank-you...
chefshoe

asked by chefshoe about 7 years ago

Fff96a46 7810 4f5c a452 83604ac1e363  dsc03010

Make sure you read all the comments.

http://aprovechar.danandsally...

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

With some experience in both scratch baking and mix baking of gluten free loaves, I can say that any way you do it is expensive, and unless you are planning to bake in volume and have access to wholesale sources, go with the mixes. It's trail and error to find what you like, but some of them are good and easy to make.
The level of availability and sophistication of gluten free cooking and baking has risen dramatically in the last few years. Search for gluten free blogs, for lots of good recipes and comments from people with enough experience for good give and take. And books of course!

26f6ca62 4cd6 4880 8a22 b5ed584035be  pc180633

thanks for the advice