Gluten free, dairy free, easy to transport dessert?

After a couple too many glasses of wine the other night I offered to bring dessert to a friend's house. He doesn't eat dairy or gluten, and the dish has to be easy to transport as I'll be carrying it around London most of the day. Help! Any advice greatly appreciated.

asked by BurntCream almost 4 years ago

Wine poached pears? Put into a plastic container (it's lighter than glass) with tight lid.

BurntCream

Nice idea - good for this time of year too.

Also, homemade marshmallows. Very light to carry around and there are tons of recipes online.

Meaghan F

Or meringues - same concept. Or meringue + poached fruit = pavlova (in my book, at least), so best of both worlds?

BurntCream

I've been looking for an excuse to try making marshmallows! Maybe today is the day.

mstv

This was recently recommended to me on chowhound when I asked for recipes that use unsweetened chocolate. http://www.seriouseats... was delicious. You can certainly make it the day before. I am not trying to avoid gluten or dairy but it does not have either one and I loved this. I would serve with whipped coconut cream (if forgoing dairy).

mstv

Sorry, I should have stated that what I was recommending is an Italian Chocolate Almond Torte. (See link above).

BurntCream

That looks delicious!

Two dark chocolate ideas:
§ homemade choc bark with fruit and -or nuts (if in doubt, use host's favorites).
§ choc mousse made with avocado (taste disappears in the mousse). Needs refrigeration. Have recipe, but not to hand. Can later post it or link.

See foodies.ca for 2011 recipe chocolate avocado mousse with raspberries.

luvcookbooks
luvcookbooks

Meg is a trusted home cook.

On this site, Liz Larkin has a recipe for Festivus Fruit compote tho it might be too heavy to carry around.