Goat Milk Ricotta

I bought some artisan goat milk ricotta. It is so dry and grainy, it felt like I was eating chalk. I don't want to throw it out. Any ideas about what to do with it other than lasagna? Something maybe where the grainy texture isn't so noticeable.

savorthis

I would mix in some other melty kind of cheese (mozzarella or fontina) and herbs, roll it up in baked eggplant slices, bake it and top with marinara.

I might go an unexpected dessert-y route: maybe mix with a little creme fraiche & eggs and make blintzes where the sour cream on top will moisten it, or drizzle with local honey and a touch of something herb-y like rosemary and seasonal fruit--if it were later in the year I'd say figs.

Good ideas! I haven't made blintzes in almost a decade and the eggplant rolls sounds delicious. My orginal plan was to drizzle the ricotta with a little honey and some pinenuts, but the grainy-ness killed that idea. Thank you for the help!