🔕 🔔

Goat Milk Ricotta

I bought some artisan goat milk ricotta. It is so dry and grainy, it felt like I was eating chalk. I don't want to throw it out. Any ideas about what to do with it other than lasagna? Something maybe where the grainy texture isn't so noticeable.

Fca4e46d 262a 416c 8ce5 316470249de2  565101 1406091363 1702312332 n

I would mix in some other melty kind of cheese (mozzarella or fontina) and herbs, roll it up in baked eggplant slices, bake it and top with marinara.

48dd002c 4c45 4b84 8006 ac8614d467cd  dsc00859 2

I might go an unexpected dessert-y route: maybe mix with a little creme fraiche & eggs and make blintzes where the sour cream on top will moisten it, or drizzle with local honey and a touch of something herb-y like rosemary and seasonal fruit--if it were later in the year I'd say figs.

Good ideas! I haven't made blintzes in almost a decade and the eggplant rolls sounds delicious. My orginal plan was to drizzle the ricotta with a little honey and some pinenuts, but the grainy-ness killed that idea. Thank you for the help!