Food52 Member Map

I am updating this post with the short URL so it is easier to access: http://bit.ly/Loazoy. I hope more people sign up~ the map has really grown a lot so far! There are lots of Placemarks without user names so if anyone still needs help you could message me and I can update for you.

asked by savorthis over 6 years ago

Summer of Eggplant

I think it's a great idea. However, when I copy and paste your link it adjusts itself and just gives me a US map. Here https://maps.google.com...

Benny

You have to highlight the entire link and paste in into your browser. You will find that our friend hails from Colorado :)

I also think its an interesting idea.

savorthis

Did you copy the entire link? It looks like only the top part is clickable but if you select and copy it works for me. I can't figure out how to default it to a zoomed out view- maybe once more markers are added it will do that. In the meantime you can zoom out or enter an address, click Edit and drag the blue marker to your spot.

Sadassa_Ulna

I just added my handle for fun... very cool Google map function

I put myself on, too. There's a tutorial on the map--it took me a few minutes to figure it out. great idea!

kbckitchen

Where is the tutorial? I only get the us map and pasted the entire link. Nor do I see any member locations

Brilliant idea! But I, too pasted the entire link which adjusted to that which brings up the US map.

savorthis

Here is a short link: http://bit.ly/Loazoy. Hope that helps!

Thanks! It worked perfectly. What a fantastic idea. Thank you for doing this.

Love this idea, savorthis! Just added myself in Seattle.

I had to use your short link http://bit.ly/Loazoy and just kept pointing and clicking til it worked. Perhaps you could go through the steps - like hit edit, etc.

By the way, I am a Denver native, born and raised!

savorthis

You might need to have a google account to see the edit button. I had saved it to My Places and when I click to open Food52, I am able to click a red EDIT button which then displays some icons in the upper left of the map which is where the blue marker is. Sorry it is so complicated! I already was signed in, so it was very easy for me. If anyone has better ideas, let me know.

Hey ST, thanks for the clear steps. I did what you said and I do not have a google account.

You guys are so cool. *love this*

Nozlee Samadzadeh

FOOD52 HQ is now on the map!

JanetFL

Well, I've put myself on there twice (Gunnison CO) and don't know how to delete!

Great idea!

Just makes you twice as good!

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

I figured it out somehow (I sure don't know how though!)

SeaJambon

Well, I tried but failed (but I also have big tech challenges). I'm in Seattle and when I tried to "edit", it kept trying to have me edit SKK's location (I know she's in Seattle too). So, rather than remove and replace, I gave up.

savorthis

I added you SeaJambon- I just dragged a new blue marker to the center of Seattle. You might be able to click edit and then drag the marker to a different spot if you want- or just let it be. The map is filling up- how fun! Thanks for playing everyone.

SeaJambon

Savorthis - you rock! :)

Tarragon

This was pretty easy once I finally noticed the red "Edit" button in the upper right corner of the area to the left of the map. I used the short link. Did not have to log in or anything. Great idea!

Panfusine

How do I add my co-rds to the map?

Panfusine

done! THis is a FAB idea!

bugbitten

Took two tries but I'm on there. Where are the Manhattanites?

beyondcelery

Great idea!

Bevi

In!

latoscana

Way cool! Where are all of our Central Texas foodies?

savorthis

The map has really grown! Let's get more people on here....

JanetFL

savorthis, you must have fixed me! The closest I could get was next to you in Denver.

Hilarybee

This is great! Hope I did it right.