🔕 🔔

How to reheat bbq beef short ribs in the oven without drying them out?

I am making beef short ribs for 30 people using this recipe http://www.foodnetwork...
I have to cook them the day before due to lack of time on the day of the meal so will be reheating them in the oven. What steps can I take to ensure they are still moist? It doesn't look like they will be in a lot of liquid, just some bbq sauce.

asked by NC about 3 years ago

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

I would consider putting the ribs in an oven proof plastic bag (usually made for cooking turkeys) and put into a water bath in the oven and bring up to the serving temp you want ... maybe 250F.

I agree with bigpan. I did that with some lovely steaks that I received from a chef. They had been prepped but went begging at the end of the night. I boiled water and took it off the heat and put the steaks in a bag and into the water for about 5 minutes. I flashed them on the grill after that and they were perfect.

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

I would re-heat in a low oven, 200F for an hour and baste with any sauce or drippings.