🔕 🔔

substitute for short ribs

I am needing some help. I just made a delicious Cherry Balsamic Short Rib recipe. However, my husband is not a fan of very fatty meat. Can anyone suggest a good substitute for the short ribs that will still yield great flavor (they ribs were cooked for 4 hours). Thanks for all your suggestions!

asked by jacci fletcher over 2 years ago

84e04bee 8fc8 4bdc 8199 701c1af83294  image

Any cut generally used for pot roast should work; I'm sure the cooking time will need to be adjusted, though.

F16adcb5 e667 4c56 8d37 2984714c46e9  open uri20131025 3491 1e6gbf8

Beef shank would definitely be a good choice. Will braise very nicely, and is much leaner than short ribs.