A question about a recipe: Naughty Rhubarb Scones

I have a question about the ingredient "stalks rhubarb" on the recipe "Naughty Rhubarb Scones" from Midge. How much is this by volume or weight? All my rhubarb is chopped up and frozen right now.

• Posted by: LibbyMN
  • June 15, 2012
Dfb2e3e0 7719 4b10 9c2c eddc630a4ca8  2016 0525 naughty rhubarb scones james ransom 037
Recipe question for: Naughty Rhubarb Scones

jbban
jbban June 15, 2012

The only person who can answer this for sure is the author. Even if you had fresh rhubarb, there's no way to know whether your stalks are the same size. Sorry this isn't helpful, but I think it illustrates one of the big issues with recipe writing.

chocbird09
chocbird09 June 27, 2012

Sorry if the answer is too late, but maybe it'll help someone else. I weighed some stalks I have currently on hand (nota bene, for rhubarb curd), without leaves and the lowermost pieces (the 'beginnings' of the stalk; ca. 0.5 inch), and in various combinations I get from 150g to 230g. I think about 190g would be best.

Hope your scones will turn out great :)

Shauna Mageean
Shauna Mageean May 5, 2015

I used 250g fresh rhubarb