🔕 🔔

What can I make with fresh squash?

Back again! I just hit the farmers market and need ideas for dinner/sides/anything. Thanks

asked by babycakes16 over 5 years ago

Btw... I have summer squash and scallop squash if that helps. I am open for anything; it doesn't matter what type of dish.

Wholefoods user icon

Saute squash with onions, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper. Put into a tortilla and top with goat cheese.

I haven't made this yet but it is high on my list - looks great: http://www.food52.com/recipes...

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

Use a spoon, tomato shark, or melon baller to hollow out a trench in those cut in half (for zucchinis).

Save the insides and sautee those with ground meats (lamb or beef). Mushroom and onions.
Stuff that in the squash and bake topped with Greek tomato sauce and bread crumbs.

For yellow squash...use a apple corer to make a hole and stuff with cooked rice/meat mix (greek seasonings for the mix) and steam with olive oil coating with lots of lemon juice to finish. And lemon in the steaming water.

ahhh..here you go a nice video of stuffed squash.

http://www.youtube.com...

Roast it and make it into a yummy soup. Roasting it in the oven brings out the flavor.