A question about a recipe: Balsamic Strawberry Ice Cream and Dark Chocolate Cookie Sandwiches

4333b8c9 cf36 4a73 b300 5ef2caf0efc8  photo 1

I have a question about step 3 on the recipe "Balsamic Strawberry Ice Cream and Dark Chocolate Cookie Sandwiches" from Kris & Anne of Bi-Rite Creamery. It says:

"In a heavy nonreactive saucepan, stir together the cream, milk, salt, and the remaining sugar (1?4 cup) and put the pan over medium-high heat. When the mixture approaches a bare simmer, reduce the heat to medium." How much milk? I see only heavy cream...

asked by chl0525 about 6 years ago

jbban

The original post says 3/4c (http://www.food52.com/blog...)

Thanks so much, jbban -- I've updated the recipe too.

chl0525

Thanks! I was was in the middle of cooking so I checked Merrill's Blueberry Ice Cream and saw it was equal amounts so that's what I used. Oh well, it's won't be exactly as intended but I'm sure it will still be great.