🔕 🔔

how long will puffed rice stay crispy when mixed into ganache?

asked by brandon over 6 years ago

Ece90812 0903 49a8 8e35 aa86c774be22  dsc00202
francesca gilberti

Francesca is the former Assistant Editor of food52 and believes you can make anything out of farro.

I find puffed rice does not stay puffed all that long, that is to say the outer coating is actually more delicate than it appears. I'm not sure I can give you an exact time on this, but I wouldn't rely on the texture remaining crispy for much longer than a day...

Fff96a46 7810 4f5c a452 83604ac1e363  dsc03010

Like Rice Krispies, or the product that's actually called "puffed rice," those styrofoam-ish pillows made by Quaker or Malt-O-Meal? I'm not sure about the puffed rice, but I do know that Rice Krispies will stay crisp in my buckeyes (peanut butter, butter and powdered sugar and Rice Krispies, rolled into balls and dipped in melted chocolate) for about a week--that's about how long a batch lasts around here.

Just for curiosity's sake, what are you making?