Will avocado soup turn brown?

I wanted to make avocado and corn soup ahead of time, but will it turn brown? Will putting it a air tight container in the freezer help at all?

asked by Dana Marie over 6 years ago

Panfusine

The browning process will be slowed down if you add lime or lemon juice to the soup. the acid prevents the oxidation

dazeyduke

Save the avocado pit and place it in the container with the soup when you store it. This works for guacamole so hopefully it will work for the soup. It's worth a try at least. Good luck.

Press a piece of plastic wrap or waxed paper onto the surface, like you would for pudding. The less air exposure the less oxidation.

Dana Marie

Thank you everyone! The plastic wrap worked great, but it is definitely a same day dish. I also added some lemon to the recipe (went better with the other flavors)!