🔕 🔔

Menu help!

We have some friends coming for dinner this weekend and I am planning to serve the much lauded porcini and rosemary crusted beef tenderloin with port reduction . . .yes, I know it's much better suited for a fall menu, but we just love it and these are special friends. Plus, I found the perfect wine.

Now the question is, what sides do I do. I've only served this in winter and it was delicious with simple roasted potatoes and some pan seared brussels sprouts. What would you serve it with now? I would like to keep it quite simple because of the intense flavors of the meat.

I am planning a green salad and a cheese plate followed by fresh berries for the afters. We are located in France. Thank you so much for any help!

asked by scatmandu over 5 years ago

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

Try this salad. (I'm cooking farro right now to make it for dinner tonight!)
http://food52.com/recipes...

5f73e544 157c 472a 8f91 40a7c47948b4  photo on 2010 06 16 at 22.06 4

I would serve courgettes/zucchini with the beef. I I'd chop them into thickish chunks and sauté them in some olive oil, serve with a squeeze of lemon juice and some finely chopped fresh herbs. Simple, elegant and quick!

I think I would go with something bright like sauteed peppers and onions with maybe little bit of huile pil pil as a table condiment.