Menu help!

We have some friends coming for dinner this weekend and I am planning to serve the much lauded porcini and rosemary crusted beef tenderloin with port reduction . . .yes, I know it's much better suited for a fall menu, but we just love it and these are special friends. Plus, I found the perfect wine.

Now the question is, what sides do I do. I've only served this in winter and it was delicious with simple roasted potatoes and some pan seared brussels sprouts. What would you serve it with now? I would like to keep it quite simple because of the intense flavors of the meat.

I am planning a green salad and a cheese plate followed by fresh berries for the afters. We are located in France. Thank you so much for any help!

drbabs June 27, 2012

Try this salad. (I'm cooking farro right now to make it for dinner tonight!)
http://food52.com/recipes...

pierino June 27, 2012

I think I would go with something bright like sauteed peppers and onions with maybe little bit of huile pil pil as a table condiment.