Does anyone know of a dairy-free coconut milk powder or what I can use as a substitute?

I have a severe dairy allergy and I really want to try the coconut cake from King Arthur Flour's website but it contains milk and butter but I know how to change that out. The problem that I am having is that all of the coconut milk powders that I have found online all have sodium casseinate in them which means that they are not dairy free. Does anyone know of a coconut milk powder that is dairy-free or what I can use as a substitute?

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer almost 6 years ago

Coconut Secret - Raw Coconut Flour www.coconutsecret.com 1-888-369-3393

a Whole Foods Market Customer

The recipe calls for 2/3 cup coconut milk powder so would I do this as an even substitution?

I would call the number I left above and ask them.

Coconut milk IS dairy free.

Hi ChefJune, for clarification the question was about coconut milk powder, not coconut milk. The powders found by the questioner have sodium casseinate in them which means that they are not dairy free.

a Whole Foods Market Customer

thanks I will!