🔕 🔔

Do you have a excellent receipe for Homemade Tomatoe Soup

asked by Cooking Fool about 5 years ago

Yes, I have a wonderful Savory Tomato Herb Soup

Would you like to have the recipe?

How do I give you the recipe for this?

I think you'd need to upload or type in the recipe to Food52 or another recipe site. Or you could just type it here.

I have made and loved this soup several times -- it depends on having access to amazing tomatoes:

The recipe for "my grandmothers tomato bisque" is the best soup I've ever had! I made this soup endlessly last summer and its the only tomato soup I will make now.

Everyone loves this, it is super easy, and it uses canned tomatoes. It is from Martha Stewart, so you can check on the 'official' recipe, but here's what I generally do.

Sauté one chopped onion and a garlic clove or two in a stick of butter. Add a can of tomatoes. Blend with your favorite device to your desired consistency. I generally keep a tomato or two out to blend in chunkier.

I make an simple tomato soup that was adapted from a Ming Tsai recipe.

Saute some minced garlic and gingerroot, ~1TB each, in some oil. ~1 minute.
Add peeled fresh tomatoes or 1 can whole tomatoes and some vegetable or chicken broth.
Simmer for 10 minutes.
Add chopped basil, ~2-3TB.
Puree in a blender or with an immersion blender.
Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.

Serve with toasted bread.

The ginger adds a bit of heat without overwhelming the flavor of the tomatoes and basil.