🔕 🔔

What is The best cheesecake recipe that you know?

asked by alexia1996 over 5 years ago

The NY cheesecake recipe from America's Test Kitchen, the one with the strawberry topping.

This one works well:

959cbed1 6d53 423b a801 4cdce9613645  open uri.13930

My favorite recipe is from a well-loved Better Homes and Gardens Dessert Book @1968, It calls for 5-8 oz pkgs of cream cheese and a load of cream! Its rich and for kicks I make 3 different toppings to satisify my family. A hot fudge sauce, blueberries, strawberries, and sometimes, mango and pineapple.

I wanna eat at your house. Lol

Ea2fede5 db69 4f9c b6a5 c70c27497ae9  dsc 0002 2

Entirely seasonally inappropriate, but absolutely wonderful. Perhaps you are planning ahead for Thanksgiving?

http://www.epicurious.com...

The best cheesecake I have ever had was made by Food52er inpatskitchen's mother! Nothing has ever lived up to it since I was a girl. I don't think Patti will mind my posting the link to the recipe since she posted it on her blog. http://inpatskitchen.blogspot...

I'm not a fan of cheesecake, but my boyfriend adored the Icebox Lemon Cheesecake that I made him for his birthday. It's a Cook's Country recipe and it looks like it's from 2010 so they no longer offer the recipe on their website, but a whole lot of people have written variations of it on their blogs (http://www.melskitchencafe... is the recipe, but with a graham cracker crust rather than one made of crushed lemon cookies).
Anyway, if you're looking to maybe not have to deal with over-cooking and cracking and water baths and a hot kitchen it's really nice to only have to bake the crust. And I promise the texture is silky and cheesecakey rather than gelatinous and odd.

99bfc678 7826 4ef4 be51 7200aa88930c  stringio

0236a64a 6089 48f7 8ce6 5b790ad33fd9  0605111238

I can't seem to get a whole slice of cheesecake down, ever....but I LOVE yogurt pie such as the one found in Deborah Madison's Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone. Has a lovely salty-nutty-sweet crust and the filling is amazingly light and creamy all at once. It's also really simple--yogurt, eggs, a little cornstarch, lots of sugar. I recommend using some pure maple syrup (maple goes nicely with anything creamy, so if you go all out cheesecake, try to work it in).

Great question!!!!!!!! I love to bake, and I love cheesecake, so my list is a little long... for plain cheesecake, The America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook's New York Cheesecake recipe is fabulous and the best I've ever had. From Cook's Illustrated, the Lemon Cheesecake and Spiced Pumpkin Cheesecake with Brown Sugar and Bourbon Cream were both phenomenal. Seriously perfect. The Peanut Butter Butterfinger Cheesecake (Sally's Baking Addiction blog) was so peanut buttery-perfect. All four of the above cheesecakes were the best I've ever had. And still great (9 out of 10 stars) were Cook's Country recipes for Milk Chocolate Cheesecake, and their Icebox Oreo Cheesecake. Next up, I have several caramel-maple types I saw at the King Arthur Flour blog that I'd like to try!

Was just about to reply with Cook's Illustrated: the Lemon Cheesecake and Spiced Pumpkin Cheesecake with Brown Sugar and Bourbon Cream. Both the best I've ever made (and eaten).

0a62c55f 38bb 4f00 aefc 1de6685070d9  stringio

The Gourmet desserts cookbook has a new york cheesecake recipe that is amazingly creamy and delicious. Everything you weant in a cheesecake

Slightly different with American cheesecake, but I love the cotton Japanese cheesecake. It is very light, like eating cream cheese flavored clouds http://en.christinesrecipes...

two with strong cheese flavors, so a mix of sweet & savory.
Stilton & rhubarb, from Diva at the Met, Vancouver
Fig, pesto & mascarpone, Gourmet, Sept 1996.

i loved my mom's cheesecake pie from the knudson sour cream recipe. yummers.

Bb911bcd 2446 4d8f 848f cdc2090e999a  leaf cake

For a little variety, I have been making this Italian Ricotta lemon cheesecake with semolina and it is delicious. Light, not a typical "cheesecake", but very satisfying and goes nicely with berry sauces. http://cooking.nytimes...