Rapid cooling a cheesecake

I know it's best to let a cheesecake set in the fridge overnight, but unfortunately I didn't plan well enough. I can cool the cheesecake to room temperature, but only have enough time for 2-3 hours to put in the fridge to set... can I let the cheesecake set in the freezer instead of the fridge?

asked by Dana Nguyen almost 5 years ago

a Whole Foods Market Customer

You might want to try an ice bath as it might start to freeze in the freezer. Just be sure no water gets in the pan.

LE BEC FIN

yes, i would think you could. and i would not worry if it freezes a bit; won't really hurt it.If problems arise, it is obviously going to be at cutting time. I would highly rec (because of the more fragile nature of this one) that you use dental floss or a cake wire- to cleanly cut the slices without them getting mangled.