What's the best dish to cook a big cheesecake in? What about a small cheesecake? Or type of dishes?

Not necessarily a specific product

Voted the Best Reply!

Bunnee Butterfield
Bunnee Butterfield March 7, 2015

Springforms are the traditional pan for cheesecakes. They come in a variety of sizes, including very small. Because of their construction, the cheesecake can be removed from the pan fairly easily.

Nancy March 7, 2015

Yes to the traditional spring form for esay to remove. But/and remember a cheesecake is a fancy version of a custard...so ramekins (for small, individual cake) or porcelain baker (for larger), in Bain Marie (water bath) work quite well. As does thick coarser pottery. Last, my mother taught me to use mini muffin pans for mini cheesecake s, sweet for a desert table or savory for 2-bite appetizer.

ChefJune March 8, 2015

Springform pans make removal of the finished cheesecake easier. Altho Ricotta pies are often done in pie pans.