🔕 🔔

How do I make rice pudding creamy with low-fat milk?

I know whole milk would be best, but I would like to cut down on fat and calories...without sacrificing creaminess.

Can it be done?

Thanks Food52ers!

asked by KatyM about 5 years ago

766e7ce3 8394 4788 8337 bbd8a8d3a07e  5.15.11 coconut macaroons best sm

I don't know if it'd cut down on fat, but I use the coconut cream off the top of coconut milk in my rice pudding.

Bac35f8c 0352 46fe 95e3 57de4b652617  p1291120

Both of the above (coconut milk/cream and arborio) will do a lovely job of creamy. Also not completely sure about the coconut milk fat issue, but it is a dairy-free alternative for those who are interested in that. :)

53573b8d 4bf0 4ffd 843d b2e617cfeb6b  dscn3274
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

I've made this on with 2% milk and it's still creamy

http://inpatskitchen.blogspot...

9b94e94b 0205 4f2c bb79 1845dcd6f7d6  uruguay2010 61

Rice puddin' was a staple growing up. Mum always used sticky, sweet rice to make it (sushi rice). The starch of the rice helped thicken and bind. I will admit that it was always made with single cream, but the starch of the rice does give the creamy texture you are looking for.