How do I make rice pudding creamy with low-fat milk?

I know whole milk would be best, but I would like to cut down on fat and calories...without sacrificing creaminess.

Can it be done?

Thanks Food52ers!

asked by KatyM almost 6 years ago

beyondcelery

I don't know if it'd cut down on fat, but I use the coconut cream off the top of coconut milk in my rice pudding.

SeaJambon

Both of the above (coconut milk/cream and arborio) will do a lovely job of creamy. Also not completely sure about the coconut milk fat issue, but it is a dairy-free alternative for those who are interested in that. :)

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

I've made this on with 2% milk and it's still creamy

http://inpatskitchen.blogspot...

usuba dashi

Rice puddin' was a staple growing up. Mum always used sticky, sweet rice to make it (sushi rice). The starch of the rice helped thicken and bind. I will admit that it was always made with single cream, but the starch of the rice does give the creamy texture you are looking for.