🔕 🔔

What to do with dried lemons?

I bought a bag of dried lemons for a Persian chicken dish I made last week (which was delicious), and now I'm wondering what to do with the rest of the bag. Any suggestions?

asked by sweetlolo about 5 years ago

84e1393f 0d16 4291 80cf 2c42b5acf188  noz photo

Was the dish Khoresht Gheymeh? That's one of my favorites!

The stew Ghormeh Sabzi uses them too -- here's a recipe: http://elrascooking.blogspot...

You can also simmer them in water to make a really delicious tea.

94044828 d989 4cb6 bb8c 0aa3b3325df6  caramels 3

It was Khoresht Karafs, and the flavor was great. I'll have to try the Ghormeh Sabzi, and the tea sounds great too. Thanks.

Look through Persian cookboks for more ideas. Dried lemons and limes are frequently called for in Persian dishes.

Check out this link on Chowhound for more ideas: http://chowhound.chow.com...