🔕 🔔

What are some good finger sandwich fillings that I can use if I am preparing the sandwiches the day before.

The fillings cannot be anything that will make the bread soggy.

asked by Elaine Ruth almost 6 years ago

I just made this for a plane trip: fresh ricotta cheese mixed with fresh thyme, lemon zest, salt, pepper. Slather a generous amount on each bread slice, top on bread slice with sliced cucumbers (used English cukes). Loved it especially since the ricotta was homemade. It was even better at room temp and no soggy bread

Tarragon

Ina Garten has a tea sandwich that is amazing on a dense, date-nut type bread: thin layer of cream cheese, a slice or 2 of smoke turkey (very thin slices) and a basil leaf. To do these a day ahead, I would substitute arugula for the basil