Churros

I want these to taste their best. After mixing, can these sit in the pastry bag while we are eating dinner? About 1 hour? I'm thinking no, but I don't know how best to serve them for dessert. I'm afraid making them before dinner would diminish their glory.

asked by Stephanie G over 6 years ago

The mix should be okay in the bag. And churros are glorious. Deep fried anything is glorious.

Stephanie G

Thanks! Can't wait to try them this weekend!

Dona

I've been wanting to try making chisels. What recipe are you using? Are you making a chocolate sauce?

Dona

Darn auto correct. I mean churros!

bugbitten

Dona, possibly you meant damn, also. Don't you hate it? The worst I've seen was a commenter to a NYTimes op-ed piece whose "supposedly" became suppository.

Rachel Sanders

Yes they can! I made churro batter from a food52 recipe (I'll look for the link), brought it to a friend's house in pastry bags, and fried it there about two hours after it was made. They puffed up beautifully and were delicious!