Churros

I want these to taste their best. After mixing, can these sit in the pastry bag while we are eating dinner? About 1 hour? I'm thinking no, but I don't know how best to serve them for dessert. I'm afraid making them before dinner would diminish their glory.

pierino July 20, 2012

The mix should be okay in the bag. And churros are glorious. Deep fried anything is glorious.

Stephanie G
Stephanie G July 20, 2012

Thanks! Can't wait to try them this weekend!

Dona
Dona July 20, 2012

I've been wanting to try making chisels. What recipe are you using? Are you making a chocolate sauce?

Dona
Dona July 20, 2012

Darn auto correct. I mean churros!

bugbitten
bugbitten July 20, 2012

Dona, possibly you meant damn, also. Don't you hate it? The worst I've seen was a commenter to a NYTimes op-ed piece whose "supposedly" became suppository.

Rachel Sanders
Rachel Sanders July 20, 2012

Yes they can! I made churro batter from a food52 recipe (I'll look for the link), brought it to a friend's house in pastry bags, and fried it there about two hours after it was made. They puffed up beautifully and were delicious!