🔕 🔔

Churros

I want these to taste their best. After mixing, can these sit in the pastry bag while we are eating dinner? About 1 hour? I'm thinking no, but I don't know how best to serve them for dessert. I'm afraid making them before dinner would diminish their glory.

asked by Stephanie G about 5 years ago

The mix should be okay in the bag. And churros are glorious. Deep fried anything is glorious.

Thanks! Can't wait to try them this weekend!

D347253b 88e5 4ba1 ab1b 7b10260231b2  stringio

I've been wanting to try making chisels. What recipe are you using? Are you making a chocolate sauce?

Darn auto correct. I mean churros!

E6f5e079 1551 4472 bc70 dcc35a71edc2  110

Dona, possibly you meant damn, also. Don't you hate it? The worst I've seen was a commenter to a NYTimes op-ed piece whose "supposedly" became suppository.

3274dd01 68df 403c a7b7 dc04541caaf8  dsc 0102 2

Yes they can! I made churro batter from a food52 recipe (I'll look for the link), brought it to a friend's house in pastry bags, and fried it there about two hours after it was made. They puffed up beautifully and were delicious!