Jim Lahey's no knead pizza dough question

Does anyone know if this dough can be used for grilled pizza? I'm afraid that the grill won't be hot enough and I don't want to flip the dough to cook both sides.

Third Floor Kitchen
Third Floor Kitchen July 20, 2012

His book only recommends using an oven and a pizza stone. Even though the pizza only takes three minutes to cook, it requires an extremely hot oven and stone which have a long preheating. Since the one batch makes four balls of dough, you could always test one out.

shoresdiver
shoresdiver July 22, 2012

If you are going to be putting a stone on your grill, it probably depends on how hot your grill gets. A lot of grills will get hotter than an oven if you keep the top closed.

ChrisBird
ChrisBird July 22, 2012

I have found t hat a pizza stone on my gas grill gets too hot. It is hard to measure the temperature. I am experimenting with doubling the thickness. On my big green egg, it is easier to control since the heat from t be coals don't ok impinge directly into the stone. I use the place setter to buffer the heat a bit.