Hi foodpickle, I have a lot green tomatoes in my garden, any good recipes out there other than fried?

Two of my absolute FAVORITES - I have b oth canned on my shelves and I feel sad when I start to run out

How about a green tomato salsa?

Mr_Vittles

I agree with Merrill. Roast them in a hot oven, with garlic, onions, and some jalapenos. Blend and add some chopped cilantro. Yum.

foodfighter

http://ruhlman.com/2010...

Curried Green Tomato Pickle available here.

Bettie Knockers

Last year I found a Paula Deen recipe on the food network website for a green tomato cake! Very moist, and you'd never suspect it contained tomato.

Nora

To add to the salsa idea, if you like a little heat add a chipotle pepper when you blend or process the salsa. It will freeze well. You can also freeze the green tomatoes and make salsa later.

innoabrd

They make really, really good pickles. Had a relative who made them when I was a kid. Much like a dill pickle or a dilly bean, with a bit more chili, as I recall.

Midge

I made fiveandspice's green tomato pickles with mine and they are killer on sandwiches: http://www.food52.com/recipes...

mainecook61

Green tomato jam/preserves. Kind of marmalade-y, since you add citrus. Sets up nicely without commercial pectin. Yummy on hot biscuits.

luvcookbooks
luvcookbooks

Meg is a trusted home cook.

just brought my green tomatoes in from the garden. thanks for asking this great foodpickle.

Homemadecornbread

Use them like tart apples, in a pie. Delicious!

innoabrd

Love CoolFoodie's suggestion to use in a pie. But what sort of spicing?