🔕 🔔

A replacement for Padron peppers?

I'm standing in the middle of the Farmer's Market and hoping to pick up some peppers I can use in place of Padron peppers for a Tapas dinner party we're throwing tonight. Any suggestions as to what would fry/blister up similarly? And won't be too, too hot to eat straight?

asked by Ralph531 over 6 years ago

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

Just looked them up - apparently they are not overly spicy, so I would probably go with my old friend the poblano - or if you can find an anahiem that would work. What I would REALLY do though is get a few varieties since it's a bit of a crap shoot trying to match them - then you can roast peel and taste, use the ones that meet your needs and throw the rest into tomorrow's breakfast tacos.

Ddd52943 cdf0 4edb a2d4 73aa286607f0  399571 2853636453848 1694221275 n

If you find yourself in an Asian grocery, look for Shisito peppers. They're a really good sub and taste pretty similar to the Padron.

Shisito! I knew there was another pepper that was very, very similar (or maybe it's the same pepper with an Asian name of some sort). Thanks so much - Foodpickle is the best!