🔕 🔔

Piment d'Espelette Uses

I just purchased a small jar of Piment d'Espelette. So far, I have dusted shrimp prior to a quick saute and I know about piperade. Any other suggestions on use?

asked by Tony S about 5 years ago

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

You're off to a good start. I generally use it as a finishing sprinkle on fish, chicken, meat, eggs, anything. It can be a great component for a dry rub. Some people add it to chocolate--hot chocolate, mousse, or ice cream.

F83774ec c18a 46a4 8dff 00877f15aed6  image
Kristen W.

Kristen W. is a trusted home cook.

I've added it into pureed pepper sauce for braising chicken thighs to very yummy effect.

Any savory Basque dish. E.g.poulet basqais. Good in paella too.