Ok. I just had Indian for the first time and practically everything had cilantro which I despise. Now I have to make a dish for cooking club

On the 23rd. Can be anything. Can you guys recommend an authentic recipe that I can make that doesn't include cilantro or coriander?

asked by kbckitchen almost 6 years ago

Lissa Tsu

I don't thing sash paneer has cilantro

Lissa Tsu

Sorry saag paneer

lakshmi

Most of Indian recipes call cilantro as garnish,
So you can skip that easily

Sadassa_Ulna

You could skip the cilantro in a dish you would otherwise like and offer a green coriander chutney (available pre-made in Indian grocery stores) on the side. Some people find that if they avoid the leaves and use just the stems or root they can tolerate cilantro in a dish.

You can skip it or sub parsley.

However, we've discovered the cilantro haters hate the sopins in the leaf.
Thai curries and such call for only the steam and roots--which in my experience even a Cilantro sensitive person doesn't mind. It has the taste with none of that "Filthy nasty soap weed" complaints.

Tarragon

Try using a combo of mint and basil

mainesoul

Is anyone else bothered by the phrase 'I had Indian' ? Is that like ' I had beef? I had an apple. I had eggs for breakfast.

mainesoul

I prefer the phrase " I had Indian food.'. 'I had Indian' sounds cannibalistic.

kbckitchen

I certainly didn't intend to offend anyone. My apologies if I did. Had I tried beef or eggs for the first time surely I would have had questions about their preparation. Should I have said Indian cuisine instead?

darksideofthespoon

I usually sub out any cilantro with parsley. Sometimes I try it because I don't read the tag and accidentally purchase cilantro instead of parsley. That always sucks. Ruined many good salads all in the name of not being wasteful. :P