🔕 🔔

What is the best dry rub for pork

asked by rhpearcy over 5 years ago

I like rosemary, sage, garlic, and salt.

I have two: one is taken directly from pierino's Market Porchetta (here on FOOD52): fennel seeds ground up with rosemary and coarse salt, with a touch of pepper. Sometimes I get frisky and add a few coriander seeds. My other favorite is adapted from the pork roast I use for Cuban sandwiches, at http://food52.com/recipes... . It includes sage, which adds a rich herbal note to the more typical oregano + cumin rub. To use it dry, simply omit the olive oil . . . but be sure to rub the roast well with it before roasting or braising. ;o)

Thank you for the kudo AJ. But "best" could start a coast to coast argument landing in Kansas City, Memphis on it's way to the Carolinas and across the ocean to Rome. A rub begins with salt and pepper and then you build from there.

9b020dd9 e580 4120 a77e 061be276b7b0  imag0276

I like a chipotle & maple combo spicy and sweet always excites the taste buds. You can get these ingredients in dried variety that way you'll always have them on hand.