🔕 🔔

can i freeze soup made with yogurt

can i freeze fruit soup made with yogurt

asked by nutkis about 5 years ago

I don't know but I don't like to freeze dairy I always keep the cheese out like if I'm freezing pizza or pesto sauce I don't like frozen lasagna I think it depends on the cheese

67544da8 1862 4539 8ec8 2d9dfc2601bb  dsc 0122.nef 1

technically you could, but reheating usually tends to separate out the milk proteins a bit, unless has some kind of thickening binder such as rice flour.

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

If you can, freeze the base and add the yogurt later. If it is meant to be served cold, let it defrost slowly (in the fridge would be good) when you're going to serve it. If the yogurt is already mixed in, try it -- what do you have to lose? I would whisk it just before putting in bowls.

Of course you can freeze yogurt! I often put those yogurt tubes the kids like in the freezer for snacks and if cups are on sale I but extra and freeze. There should be no issue but if does separate slightly just stir again to combine.