🔕 🔔

What to do with fresh gherkins??

This spring I planted a few little seed in the garden. I didn’t expect anything of it. But they grew and now I can pick my harvest. Gherkins. They are fresh, green, small and above all NOT IN A JAR… so I have absolutely no idea what to do with them… I can go about pickling them but that seems a shame. Does anyone have any idea how I can prepare ore use them???

asked by aletta about 5 years ago

Make cornichons, you won't be sorry.

Gherkins are small pickled cucumbers and I doubt you picked them from your garden- lol!
I assume you have small fresh cucumbers - no? If so they would be relish in a salad or eaten out of hand! Bon appetite.

They make great dippers for any of your favorite dips. These days I'm loving a good onion dip (yeah, the kind made with the soup mix, though I add caramelized onions too).