Presale! 2 new cookbooks from Food52. Claim your signed copies »
🔕 🔔

Making frozen yogurt

I have been experimenting with making non-fat frozen yogurt using Greek non fat yogurt and Splenda/sugar blend. it has been moderately successful, but not great. It gets a little icy and concrete hard. I have limited processing to 20 minutes. is this hopeless?

asked by JRG over 4 years ago

I'm not a froyo expert, and I'm assuming your choice of ingredients is diet related, but I would say the artificial sweetener is likely the culprit, and certainly between that and the non-fat milk, you're stacking the cards of texture and flavor against yourself. Would you try using a real sweetener?

Join Our Email List!

Inbox Inspiration:

Our newsletter is brimming with recipes and features that have us talking—dive in!

A Joyful Home:

Sign up to get $10 off a first purchase of $50 or more in our shop full of tools & treasures.

Come On In:

Join our humming community and get dibs on events, peeks at new cookbooks, and a surprise or two.