🔕 🔔

Making frozen yogurt

I have been experimenting with making non-fat frozen yogurt using Greek non fat yogurt and Splenda/sugar blend. it has been moderately successful, but not great. It gets a little icy and concrete hard. I have limited processing to 20 minutes. is this hopeless?

asked by JRG about 5 years ago

I'm not a froyo expert, and I'm assuming your choice of ingredients is diet related, but I would say the artificial sweetener is likely the culprit, and certainly between that and the non-fat milk, you're stacking the cards of texture and flavor against yourself. Would you try using a real sweetener?