Cool kitchen Hack for separating eggs.

Its in CHinese, but you don't need to understand the language. http://newyork.grubstreet.com/2012/08/see-an-amazing-video-trick-for-separating-eggs.html?e=grubstreet

sdebrango August 23, 2012

Now thats amazing, going to find a plastic bottle and try it now. Thanks Panfusine, that is so cool!!

sdebrango August 23, 2012

I tried it, the first yolk broke but I think it was my fault had to get used to the squeeze technique with the bottle the second one worked like a charm, yolk intact both times removing from white of egg and putting it back. Great hack!!

Cannizzo
Cannizzo August 23, 2012

Amazing!!!!!

Voted the Best Reply!

AntoniaJames August 23, 2012

Seriously. If you are going to the trouble of putting the whole egg into a separate bowl like that, you can simply put your three middle fingers gently under the yolk, with the fingers about 1/4 inch apart, and lift the yolk out! Much quicker, and you don't need a plastic bottle (something I generally don't have on hand). It works best in a smaller bowl, so there's more white under the yolk. Try it! (I did not make this up. It's a traditional method that's been used by cooks in France -- and elsewhere no doubt -- for generations, if not centuries.) ;o)

amysarah August 23, 2012

Wow, that is very cool. Stunt eggs! However, I tend to agree with AntoniaJames. To separate eggs I've always simply let the white slide off between my fingers (just like my mother showed me) - far less cinematic impact, but it works just fine.

Cannizzo
Cannizzo August 23, 2012

I agree Antonia but you got to admit that is pretty cool

JAC
JAC August 24, 2012

So cool!! I'm getting up from the couch & trying it right now!!