🔕 🔔

6cb49ef7 38b5 4eb6 aae4 04078f60ca73  how to make a custard part 1
Shuna Lydon

Shuna is a pastry chef in New York City and author of the acclaimed blog Eggbeater.

Red Wine or Banyuls vinegar might be nice alternative to sherry. Or mix balsamic with white wine/champagne vin. Sherry vinegar is a particular taste and has a lack of sugar some other vinegars have but if you don't have any, try mix-matching.

I would use plain white wine with those flavors you have already red wine might be too heavy and strong a nice dry light white whine with maybe just a little of white whine vinegar might do the trick in fact I think that sounds good I think I will try that myself next time.i often make muscles with chorizo and that and add white wine next time I'll try a shot of white wine vinegar

977a75e6 3bea 4a3d 9b59 199ae5d9ed3e  fb avatar

I think a nice rice wine vinegar would work well!

I am thinking that equal parts of a balsamic vinegar and white wine will work nicely.

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

I would use the highest quality red wine vinegar you have in the house.

JAC

Every once & a great while I end up with some leftover wine.i add it to a bottle of white vinegar. Its a great thing to have hand for situations like yours.